It’s the no risk solution when you are want to diversify your stock portfolio, need additional income today, or want to save for your children’s education or your retirement. Simply choose the certificate amount and term you want.
- Minimum deposit only $500.
- Investment terms from 3 months to 60 months.
- Interest rate remains fixed for the entire term.
- Dividends are calculated daily, and compounded and credited to your account quarterly.
Ladder Your Certificates To Increase Your Return
You can increase your overall certificate investment return and retain liquidity with a technique called laddering. Instead of investing $5,000 in one certificate, invest in 5 separate credit union certificates.
For example, purchase a 1-year, 2-year, 3-year, 4-year and 5-year certificate. Each year simply rollover the certificate that comes due into a new higher yield 5-year certificate. This way, you will have 20% of your funds coming due each year. By the fifth year, all of your certificates will be receiving the highest interest rate. You can choose other terms too.
Consider the Benefits
- Staggering maturity dates ensures that you will always have access to part of your funds within one year.
- The annual maturity dates give you the opportunity to reinvest your savings in higher yield certificates should rates go up.
- You can ladder your maturity dates to match the timing of your financial goals, including college tuition, vacation plans, home improvements and retirement.
Because your Apex accounts are federally insured, certificates offer the benefits of a guaranteed fixed income with no risk to your principal. Call or stop by the credit union for the complete details. We can help you establish an investment plan that meets your financial goals.
Regular and IRA Share Certificates
|APR||APY||Info and/or Terms|
|0.30%||0.30%||90 Day - $500.00 Min|
|0.40%||0.40%||6 Month - $500.00 Min|
|0.65||0.65||1 Year - $500.00 Min|
|0.70||0.70||18 Month - $500.00 Min|
|0.85||0.85||2 Year - $500.00 Min|
|1.25||1.26||3 Year - $500.00 Min|
|1.50||1.51||4 Year - $500.00 Min|
|1.75||1.76||5 Year - $500.00 Min|
All credit union deposit accounts, including Share Certificates (CDs) are insured by the NCUSIF* for up to $250,000. There are also steps you can take to insure higher account balances. We can show you how. Call or stop by the credit union for the details.
*The NCUSIF is the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund . It is a federally insured program governed by the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration).